Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmurphy5
Reel Rookie

Ruko Options does not provide remove channel feature

I don't want to cancel subscription. I want to remove and reinstall app

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ruko Options does not provide remove channel feature

Hi @Tmurphy5,

Thanks for the inquiry!

We will be more than happy to assist you in removing and adding the channel back again. You can refer to this support article below:

Please let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ruko Options does not provide remove channel feature

@Tmurphy5 

Unfortunately, you need to cancel the subscription first in order to be able to remove and reinstall a subscription channel.  Free channels/apps have no such requirement and can be simply removed.

----

The above requirement was made to prevent users from simply removing a subscription channel thinking they unbsubscribed, only to be hit with a monthly charge when the subscription channel renewed automatically.

For most channels, unsubscribing/cancelling will allow you to watch until your next regular billing cycle.  Then just renew the channel.

Also remember to restart your Roku device between the Remove and Reinstall to clear any corrupt channel or OS cache..  (Remove, Restart, Reinstall is correct procedure).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102