Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thebackson
Binge Watcher

Roku ultra plays everything in 4k except for Disney

I just got a new roku ultra 4800x and setup with hdcp 2.2 connection at 4k 60hz and it plays ALL other apps such as netflix, amazon prime, vudu and others in 4k except for Disney plus.  Best I get with disney is HD

I found some articles from 4+ months ago about it not working.  Is this something that is being fixed?  Roku and disney just point their fingers at each other.   This was the only reason I bought the roku was to get disney in 4k as i already had access to the other apps through other devices. 

Roku support wants me to talk to disney, disney points me back to roku support.  It is poor customer service to put the customer in the middle of a software engineering problem that should be hashed out between the roku and disney software engineers. 

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Roku ultra plays everything in 4k except for Disney

Ms Marvel episode 1 plays in 4k for me. I don't think that all of the Disney content is supposed to be in 4k anyways. Bluey plays in HD on my 4k Westinghouse Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Thebackson
Binge Watcher

Yes I understand not all content is 4k. I am watching the marvel content and within the content you can see the available formats.  The stuff I am watching is 4k optioned just not playing in 4k. None of the 4k content (star wars, marvel, new stuff) listed in 4k gives 4k as an option. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Are you sure that your tv is a 4k tv that your ultra is attached too?

0 Kudos
Thebackson
Binge Watcher

Yes as I stated in my original post, ALL content/ALL apps plays in 4k except disney.  and yes I am positive my tv is in 4k and the roku even agrees that my tv has a 4k 60hz fully qualified hdcp 2.2 connection.   I have no problems with any other app except Disney.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

What kind of 4k tv do you own and what is the model?

0 Kudos
Thebackson
Binge Watcher

Are you a roku engineer? or just someone inflating their post counts?  I have gone over all of these questions with roku support already.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Roku has a support community like HP for instance and members of the support community will offer people help to people that need help. 

0 Kudos
Thebackson
Binge Watcher

ok well I have already gone over this stuff with roku. There is nothing wrong with my equipment.  They said it should be working and are pointing me to Disney for support.  At this point you are just questioning whether or not I really have a 4k tv which is a little condescending when the roku device itself already knows, I have a 4k tv and plays every other app in 4k just fine.  

I have mainly posted this to keep a public record of the issue I am facing in case others are having it, but it is an issue with the app itself and handshake it is having with the roku device that is not communicating effectively.   

I saw posts about this in February for the same thing but did not see a resolution for it. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

If you have a 4k tv that is a smart tv, then why the need for a roku ultra? Why not just install Disney on your unnamed smart 4k tv?

0 Kudos