Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenporon
Channel Surfer

Vidangel in no longer allowed starting February 23rd.

Jump to solution

I’m very disappointed Roku will no longer allow Vidangel on Roku starting February 23, 2022. I truly wished they would reconsider this decision. Thank you. 

Kenporon
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku no longer supporting VidAngel

Jump to solution

I’m very disappointed as well, Roku was my favorite, but no longer if they get rid of Vidangel!!!!! I’ll move to where Vidangel is!!!!

Kenporon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Then put it in there channel store!!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@AngryAnchovy wrote:

Can anyone give me the link or Facebook group that would be the best place to post in?

https://www.facebook.com/roku

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
dfinch

Jump to solution

Looks like it's finally time to switch to Fire stick. So long Roku!

atc98092

Jump to solution

I personally can't stand the user interface of the Fire TV devices, even though I am a Prime subscriber. 

This is just another reason for having more than one streaming solution. At this time, there simply is no single streaming player that has "everything". Every streaming device lacks something, either a functionality or an app availability issue. While it would be wonderful if someone would make the one perfect device, so far it simply doesn't exist. Many people have multiple streaming devices. As noted, the Fire TV is popular. The Nvidia Shield is probably the closest to perfection, but it still lacks in some areas. Walmart now sells their Onn 4K Media Player for $20-30, and it does about 80% of what the Shield does, for far less money. Apple TV is popular for people who use iTunes.

But they all lack something, as does Roku.

Dan

richalger
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If enough of us complain, maybe Roku will approve an official VidAngel channel. 

I just Facebook messaged Roku at 
https://www.facebook.com/roku

I also sent an email to Roku support at 
https://support.roku.com/contactus

MyDogPikku

Re: Roku is disallowing Vidangel!?

Jump to solution

I am a VidAngel employee and can absolutely confirm that we have submitted our app to the Roku store.  We were rejected, and although we repeatedly asked for a reason or explanation, we never received any.  I'm confident it was not an issue of technical specifications. 

BrandonHaag
Binge Watcher

Re: Why won't Roku allow Vidangel to be a certified channel?

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

VidAngel has sent emails to their customers stating they have submitted their channel numerous times for certification, but claim that Roku denies certification without explanation. I have trouble believing that, but it would be nice if Roku would confirm that status. However, to @Kreigar , I really doubt you'll get an official Roku response here about it. The Roku moderators are not provided that information, and they're really the only Roku staff that frequent the forum. 

So basically you are telling us the forums are just a place for customers to vent and have little visibility to or impact on anyone that matters at Roku?  That's a bit of a bummer, if true!

Thoughts?

Brandon.

atc98092

Re: Why won't Roku allow Vidangel to be a certified channel?

Jump to solution

Yes, this is a user forum, not tech support. The moderators to attempt to assist, but they are not tech support. Often user to user interaction can resolve many problems. However, this isn't one of them.

Dan

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.