Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: VidAngel will help replace your Roku

Jump to solution

@BrandonHaag wrote:

While I am upset with Roku and very un-professional forum moderators...

We are not forum moderators. If you look, you will see that no Roku employees have responded to any of these posts, and it's unlikely they ever will. 

The Onn 4K streaming player is a reasonable device. I have seen some reports of the remote losing functionality after a number of months, and Walmart offers no warranty on the device. I've had mine since last June, and it's still working fine, although I only bought one for testing purposes and seldom use it. The remote is Bluetooth, and to my knowledge it doesn't support IR, so you can't get an inexpensive universal remote to work with one. It has some limitations in memory and processing speed, but for $20 you really can't go wrong. It's pretty disposable at that price.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
rwbII

Re: Roku no longer supporting VidAngel

Jump to solution

I have been with Roku from the beginning...  I have updated my hardware twice.  But... if they won't support VidAngel....  then I will be forced to switch.  They won't give VidAngel the common courtesy to even tell them way.  Since they have no direct customer contact number... it is not clear they care about their customers either.  In this case, they aren't responding to a number of their customer base who have expressed their concerns.   I am hopeful I can sell their hardware (which is not that old) so I can switch to their competition who will listen and will offer VidAngel.  We only have one day and then the App is dead.

How sad. 

BrandonHaag
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The 4K version I mentioned is a box, not a stick, but your point about staying away from the stick version is well taken. I am pleased that the remote is bluetooth since that allows me to hide the Onn 4k box completely behind my TV and the remote control still works.  Smiley Happy

Thanks and have a blessed day!

Brandon.

Asharon75411
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same hear!!! very disappointed ... wonder what we can do ?

Asharon75411
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I 100% agree!!!!

0 Kudos
Asharon75411
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ha ha nope !!!!! if they drop Vidangel WE ARE OUT AND WE HAVE 4 !!!!!

Joesmoe

Jump to solution

I agree I have several Roku devices and will be throwing them in the trash and will never go back to Roku because they won't support vid angel.  Bye bye roku

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Joesmoe wrote:

I agree I have several Roku devices and will be throwing them in the trash 

Please don't do that. Recycle them responsibly. Make sure you do a factory reset to remove all your personal information from the device, and remove the device from your Roku user account. Being angry at Roku doesn't mean adding unnecessary electronic equipment into the trash stream. But even if you insist on throwing them away, still do the factory reset, for your own piece of mind and information security. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mjl62

Jump to solution

Shame on Roku

Rdharbis1

Jump to solution

I am in the market for a new 70 inch and it WILL NEVER be another Roku!  I love the features of VidAngel.  I have been able to view popular shows without obscene language or explicit sex scenes in my family’s living room.  Roku just closed that venue!  I have options and intend to make a purchase that will NOT include Roku as my smart tv option.  I need my VidAngel!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.