Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: VidAngel or The Chosen

Jump to solution

Hello @Palmerfamily @Jules1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Channels are developed by each service provider themselves. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Wow, shocked Chosen fans!  Was told to just add BYU channel to my Roku.

The Chosen is offered there for now!

Free channel to add!

EFGDEG
Channel Surfer

Re: Vidangel not on Roku

Jump to solution

This week Roku wrote following mail to me:

Dear Roku Customer, 

Your Roku streaming player was incorrectly configured during initial set-up. We apologize for the inconvenience and will correctly configure your streaming player in the coming 48 hours.

Your home screen will be repopulated with the available channels you had installed, to add additional channels please visit the Channel Store. If you would like to reorder the channels on your home screen, please check-out this how-to-guide.

After that i checked my Roku device and Vidangel popped up for adding. Than everything worked out well. So it was a configuration problem like Roku support described.

0 Kudos
marshaj11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same problem we can watch it on my phone but no longer goes to the TV, Roku channel or Vid Angel, really frustrating it’s worked perfectly until now. It was AWFUL watching it on the phone, won’t do that again

scotty2541
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm sorry to hear that.

I got an email last week asking if I still had issues  (Duh, they never followed up,, so I never bothered trying!)

I reinstalled it, and it's working for me.  I told them, and they said they fixed some issues.

Looks like they fixed it for me, and broke it for you.

This really is amateur-ish.  Very annoying.

0 Kudos
scotty2541
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mary,

We appreciate your comments.  However this forum seems to be the only place where people can complain, and hopefully get some advice from each other.

The VidAngel people are unresponsive.  

0 Kudos
marshaj11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. It’s playing on the BYU channel and also on Peacock. I’m watching there now, so at least I can see on the TV

0 Kudos
scotty2541
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Peacock?   I installed that so I could watch season one again.  They didn't have anything for season two at the time (about 3 episodes into season 2).

I installed BYU, but didn't activate it.  I don't recall why...  they charge a subscription?  They didn't have season 2 either?  I don't recall... 😞

0 Kudos
Wraith1000
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku no longer supporting VidAngel

Jump to solution

According to VidAngel's website: 

"We’ve submitted the VidAngel channel for review multiple times over the years, including as recently as the fall of 2021. Each time, Roku has declined to approve our channel without clarifying their position. That’s why users have had to “sideload” our app onto their Roku device rather than downloading it from the official store."

I don't know if someone from Roku looks at these forums or not, but if you don't approve VidAngel's app, I will NEVER buy another Roku device or do business with Roku again.  It's strange that the app is on Apple TV but not Roku. I would have expected Apple to have more of a problem with it than Roku.

Looks like Roku has grown too big for their own good and no longer cares about what their customer's want.

filmnikon
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku no longer supporting VidAngel

Jump to solution

It would be great to hear what the future may hold.  I pulled up Google TV information and Apple TV today for the first time, not because I want to switch from Roku, but more like I need to figure something out.  So definitely wondering if this is permanent or temporary until Roku approves the app?