Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ehudhoc

Roku main menu doesn’t come up automatically when I turn on TV

I have the same exact issue. My Roku used to pop up immediately when I turned on the tv. Now I get the LG menu and have to either click some buttons on the LG remote or wait for a while before the Roku menu loads. It is very annoying!  Does anybody have a solution for this?  I didn’t change anything in the way the Roku is wired to the Tv. This just happened on its own one day. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku main menu doesn’t come up automatically when I turn on TV

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Ehudhoc!

We'd be more than happy to assist you with your concern and find the best resolution possible. 

Would you mind letting us know what is your current OS version? You can check for software updates on your Roku streaming device by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > System updates > Check Now

If there is new software available, your Roku device will download and install it automatically, and once completed, your device will reboot. Additionally, kindly try to reboot your router to see if it will make any difference. 

Please keep us posted on what you find out, as we are more than eager to help you resolve your concern. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.