Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbhall52
Channel Surfer

Roku error on newsmax channel - wants login

We have had this error in the past on several roku express 4k+ devices. We would be watching the newsmax tv channel and an error would suddenly appear, reading as if the roku device needed to log back into the newsmax tv channel. I have solved this problem several ways in the past, all without logging back into the newsmax tv channel. Tonight, 3-15-24, I ended up resetting the roku device by unplugging it and plugging it back in. Once it came back to the roku home page, the newsmax tv channel worked normally and was fine the rest of the time we were watching it. However, there is obviously something wrong associated with the newsmax tv channel, as the logout/login error has occurred several times before this, but should not be happening, or the error given is incorrect, as it is never fixed by logging back into newsmax tv. By the way, I obviously am subscribed to newsmax+, as we watch the channel almost every day around 5-7 pm.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PoconoJohn

Re: Roku error on newsmax channel - wants login

We are having a similar problem.  Says we are logged out, asks us to login with ROKU login/password, says it is not valid, we requested a reset (forgot my password), .... crickets, ignored, Nada. Not impressed!  What is even less impressive is no direct contact with ROKU for tech problems (that we could find). We have not been able to see NewsMax for over 1 month and no way to ping ROKU to get it fixed.  We tried cycling power on the box.  Again, nothing, no change. Frustrating ... we're paying ROKU for WHAT?

0 Kudos
rbhall52
Channel Surfer

I checked with newsmaxand they said the problems with their app on roku stem from so many subscribers suddenly joining newsmax plus. The fix may be to remove the newsmax app from roku and add it back into roku. That's what I did and it seems to be working better since I added it back in. You will have to log back in to the app on roku, of course. If you want to know an easy way to paste your newsmax password into the appropriate box when logging in on roku, I can tell you the way that I do it, and it's not really that hard to do.

0 Kudos
rbhall52
Channel Surfer

What has worked for us is to only use the roku newsmax app on one tv at a time. That way, until the problem is fixed, you can watch newsmax on roku and it works. You have to stop watching it on one tv before you go to the other tv. Of course, you can see newsmax directly using the newsmax app on your phone or tablet, but then you have to use something like chromecast to see it on your tv. The login problem only occurs when trying to watch newsmax through a roku device on more than one tv at a time.

0 Kudos