Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeleelee24
Reel Rookie

Roku channels won't play. All other apps like Netflix, Hulu and The Weather Channel works fine.

2 weeks ago the Roku channels stopped playing. When I chose any channel to watch, the title will open but when I click play, it just keeps refreshing the title. This only happens on Roku app. A other apps (Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Disney, The Weather Channel and more) work fine. This only happens with the Roku and on both TV's. I have reset tv and router, unplugged both tv and router and reconnected to the router but nothing works. 

6 REPLIES 6
DF-Glo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channels won't play. All other apps like Netflix, Hulu and The Weather Channel works fine.

Same with me. All other services work fine (Tubi, Netflix, Discovery and Paramount+).  The Roku channel comes up with with channel information, but will just goes to dark screen if I select any channels.  Doesn't matter if I use a PC, Roku device, ONN TV.  Just need to figure out if it is my ISP (GloFiber) or my router (Mikrotik).

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channels won't play. All other apps like Netflix, Hulu and The Weather Channel works fine.

Hi @leeleelee24 @DF-Glo,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're unable to play content on The Roku Channel. Kindly be advised that we're aware of the issue, and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue to resolve it. Once more information is available, we'll make sure to provide an update to the Community.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
leeleelee24
Reel Rookie

mins ago
I thought about it being the router because Roku channels stopped working on but TV's at the same time however, would it make sense that all other apps are working fine? I have no problem downloading anything, watching movies from my 5 movie apps, connecting to the internet and my wife has no problem using her Cricut online! 

DF-Glo
Reel Rookie

Just changed out my router and Roku channel started working!  Like you I doubted it was the router as everything else worked fine.  Changing the router worked for me and solved the problem.

DF-Glo
Reel Rookie

BTW I was using a mikrotik router RB750Gr3 using the current router OS firmware.  I must have lost the Roku channel after an upgrade.

0 Kudos
leeleelee24
Reel Rookie

Hi. I turned the Roku channels on today and it is working again! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.