Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martyepp
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel will not play programming after local power outage

Jump to solution

I can watch YouTube, YouTube TV and Prime.  Those are what I usually watch, along with the Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DBDukes  Good advice. But it definitely seems like it’s something on his network

0 Kudos
martyepp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

DB, I will try that, but I have to pause for now.  I'm being called away for now. Thanks, I'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos
martyepp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

DB and Streamer 317, thank-you for your help.  Turns out, it was my wireless router that was causing the issues with my Roku Channel. After successfully testing the channel on my hotspot, I rebooted my router and all was good.  Thank-you again for your assistance.  You guys rock.

Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@martyepp  Your welcome. Wasn't thinking a network issue since you said power outage which means everything in your home was off. Unless your modem or router as a UPS (battery backup).  

0 Kudos
Gregm60
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Everyone is going down the wrong rabbit hole on this one.  I have had this happen to me several times in the last weeks.     Go into Settings, Display type..., set it to the lowest resolution that your display can do, answer yes to any prompts.   Then set display back to Auto Detect, again answer yes.   Playback should now work.   There seems to be a bug on the Roku that does not re-detect the display properly after a power cycle.

0 Kudos