Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelw06
Channel Surfer

Roku cast reinstall ? Please help

I recently just received this message on my 43' hisense TV. I've done the few suggestions that I've seen that would fix it. But none of those worked. Could someone point me to where to find this frame ware update so I can that. Please help me asap. Screen sharing is the only type of TV me and 2 year old have ! #screenshare , #rokucast #errorcodereinstall

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku cast reinstall ? Please help

Hi @Angelw06,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with casting, but we'd like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing to assist you further. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify TV) When and on which channel are you getting an error message to reinstall when trying to cast? You can check here for details on how to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV. You can also check here for instructions on how to update the software on your Roku TV or Roku streaming player.

Let us know if it works.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Angelw06
Channel Surfer

It's a 43" hisense TV,  it gives error code when I try to screen share my phone to TV. My TV did the update to 12 that day and it's been giving me the error code since 

0 Kudos
Angelw06
Channel Surfer

Could you please send me link for the frame ware update 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Angelw06, first of all, it's firmware, not frame ware.  Second, what makes you think you need an update?  Roku devices update automatically.  What's the software version displayed when you navigate to Settings->System->About?  You can check for updates by navigating to Settings->System->Software update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Angelw06
Channel Surfer

How else can you reinstall the roku cast back to the TV?  I've had tv at least 8 years and have never had any issues screen sharing my phone to it. And my screen share still works on my other tv in the house. 

0 Kudos