Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaReinie

Roku asks to "Link your provider to stream live TV".

When I try to stream live TV, like a CBS program, Roku Android app (with Roku Express device) asks to link your TV provider, but I'm using broadcast antenna, so how do I link my antenna (bypass that)?

I have linked WGN+ (local Chicago station) without a provider.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku asks to "Link your provider to stream live TV".

@PaReinie 

Some local channels have their own standalone streaming channel/app. (like WGN-TV, that is free to install and watch on your Roku device).

There are a  few other Chicago news stations under the Roku Channel Live TV local news category (ch.4110-4114) as well if you do not want to install individual channels/app.

For some channels/apps like CBS, they may offer some free content, but also may require a "TV provider" (like cable or satellite subscription) in order to stream additional/locked content.  When you launch CBS, just select "Watch Free Episodes" in order to access their free content.

If you are really just after your Antenna/Over-the-Air local CBS station, just connect an antenna to your TV and then select your Antenna Input using your TV remote (not the Roku remote). 

You do not link your Antenna to your Roku device to watch your locals.  You just use your TV inputs (and your TV remote) and use your TV's built in tuner to watch your Antenna content.  When you want to stream something, then just select the HDMI input that your Roku is connected to.  You just swap between the two inputs (Antenna and HDMI) depending on what you want to watch.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.