Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pugo46
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra, how to go back to last Channel or App used

I have the latest Roku and have 20 channels, (Twit, YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, Peacock) and have a big problem. 

Say I'm watching -Hulu, -Cheers, -Season 3, -Episode 3 and life is great. Suddenly I accidently bump a button on the remote and I'm suddenly on a different channel, i.e. Peacock.

How the heck to I get back to where I was?  -Hulu, -Cheers , Season 3, -Episode 3 . HELP

This is driving me to drink.

Thank you,
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra, how to go back to last Channel or App used

No there is no way to go back to last channel. To get back to where you were just launch Hulu again. If you’re watching something on Hulu and then all of a sudden peacock launched just go back to Hulu. It’s nothing that hard. But if you’re looking for a quick flash go back there’s no such thing for Roku. If you add your favorite shows and movies to Hulu it will be in My Stuff. Not exactly sure I’m following you on what the issue seems to be

0 Kudos
pugo46
Channel Surfer

Thanks.  Say I'm watching anything on anychannel app and I bump a button on the remote and whoosh, I'm on a new Cahnnel app. I don't really have a clue to the location I was watching, so obviously I don't know how to go back.  As smart as these devices are, one would think there would be an easy way to do this. I'll buy you a beer if you can invent or solve this problem.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

There isn’t any problem. Right now I’m watching Two and a half men on YouTube TV. If I accidentally push a button on the remote ( which has never happened to me) and I launch Netflix by accident I simply press the home button on the remote and then select YouTube TV and go back to it. Again I’m not fully sure I’m following you. If you wanna jump right back to exactly what you’re watching on a certain channel there is no magical button. You just go back to the channel and start watching where you were. Again I fail to understand exactly what you’re talking about. I think you want some sort of button that if you watching Cheers Season one episode one on Hulu on you suddenly go to Peacock. You wanna wait to instantly get back to Cheers correct? Well there is no way to do that. You just have to rellaunch Hulu then go back to where you were in Hulu. If your Roku came with the Voice remote you can simply press the microphone and say launch Hulu

0 Kudos
ChrisAllen

No you can't go back. One of the hundred+ reasons Roku is trash...

Never buying a Roku product again.

I'm not a simple person, I don't want a simple remote! The developers at Roku must not be very smart, because they make a complex device with complex functions, but give you a simple remote to control it. Where is their brain at on this decision to make a simple remote for a complex device? How does that make sense at all. How does there brains work? They don't! Ridiculous!