Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niagara94
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Media Player - Only Playing One Album

Jump to solution

Hi - Thank you for your reply.  For Serviio, if you want to play all the albums from one artist do you have to create a playlist for that or is there a way to do that in Roku Media Player without making the playlist? I have a lot of music and it would take a lot of time to create playlists for individual artists.  Also, if you created a playlist for an artist then added another album by that artist would you then have to alter the playlist to include that album if you wanted all works by an artist?  Thanks for all the help!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I tried to respond earlier, but the forum software was giving me problems. 🙂

Serviio has different presentations that will likely provide what you're looking for. I tried to attach a screenshot earlier, but as I said the forum is acting up. But you can view your media by Artist/Group as well as other categories. I believe that will give you the ability to play a particular artist with all their content, regardless of the album. And don't get overwhelmed with the different categories available. You can pick and choose which ones you want to be visible. RMP should play the media in the order presented by Serviio.

Playlists are static files. If you add a new album of a particular artist, and desire it to be included in the playlist, then you must manually update the file. However, you'll find that software I recommended is extremely simple to add new content to a playlist. You can add an entire folder, so you don't need to add files one at a time. Serviio itself will automatically update with newly added content as long as it's within the folder structure you use for your library. So no effort required to add new content to the Artist or Album presentation.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Let's see if the screenshot will take this time...

Capture.PNG

Dan

0 Kudos
niagara94
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi - Thanks for your continued help.  Serviio is now connected to Roku Media Player and it appears like I can play all albums from all artists.  However, it is playing one song from each album before looping back around to the first album.  I don't think this matters but under presentation I turned off Random Albums  and Random Music.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Having those two presentations turned off shouldn't matter. I think the issue is with RMP and the way you are activating playback. Again, I don't use Serviio/RMP for music playback, so I'm going from what I've been told by the RMP developer, and it's been quite a while :). I believe if you want to play multiple folders, you must hit the play button (not the OK button) at the folder level, and then RMP is supposed to play everything within that folder. Once playback begins, you have to option to select random and/or repeat playback. You might need to experiment with that a bit, in case my memory on that is foggy. 😄

Dan

0 Kudos
niagara94
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi - Ok thanks for all your help!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.