Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Channel won’t load programs

Roku channel loads, but won’t load any particular title once it’s been picked. Already tried restarting and looking for updates. Even tried doing a factory reset. 

14 REPLIES 14
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel won’t load programs

@BlackbeardENC wrote:

Roku channel loads, but won’t load any particular title once it’s been picked. ...

The term "won't load" isn't clear. Describe exactly what happens when you select an item. Imagine we are not there and cannot see what you see nor are aware of how long any particular thing happens before something else happens.

Also, is this true for live content or on-demand content? Or both? And have you tried multiple live, as well as multiple on-demand content items? And are the results the same?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

When you click on the program it tries to load for 2 seconds and gives up like you never clicked on it at all. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@BlackbeardENC wrote:

When you click on the program it tries to load for 2 seconds and gives up like you never clicked on it at all. 

So the Roku Channel app does not crash, the content simply will not play?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Yes

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@BlackbeardENC  have you tried these steps?  They may or may not fix the issue, but here are the steps you may need to try:

1. Remove the app.

2. Settings > System > Power (if not applicable, skip to the next step.) > System Restart.

3. Re-install the app, once the device is restarted.

If any of these steps do not work, you may need to check either your internet connection through Settings > System > About, or your router.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos

Yes, I’ve done all these things. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@BlackbeardENC 

You would probably have to leave Roku feedback on a separate support page then.

Here you go: https://support.roku.com

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BlackbeardENC

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to access other channel's content and are you just seeing this issue occur on The Roku Channel? Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the issue is resolved?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kroach56
Reel Rookie

Roku or Paramount channels won't load programs. We just signed up for Paramount and NONE of those programs load, they are available but when I click a program is says 'loading' and just returns to the screen I pressed play on. Roku channel loads ONLY VanDamm movies. I will cancel Paramount if I can't watch anything on it. any help would be much appreciated!!

0 Kudos