Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny0944
Reel Rookie

Roku 4k smart tv’1111111111111111111111111111111

Bought a 50inch smart 4k Roku and can’t even get Disney or any uk channels and it says on front I can get this plus all the channels there are the ones I watch and I can only get Netflix rip off

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4k smart tv’1111111111111111111111111111111

@Danny0944, where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Danny0944
Reel Rookie

Uk Scotland mate I cant do anything through I have apps I’ve never heard off like ted 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It sounds like your Roku account isn't associated with the UK (probably US).  The only way to fix it is to create a new account ensuring you're not doing anything that might mask your true location like using a VPN.  Close the current account and create a new one.  You might want to use a different email address, but make sure before you create the new account you clear your browser cookies or use a private/incognito browser window.  You can also try a different browser or different device.  I wish I knew a surefire way to ensure an account isn't inadvertently being created in the wrong region.  It's far too easy to do.

Once you have the new account, factory reset the TV and start over.  Hopefully the UK channels/apps will show up, but be aware that if you imported the Roku TV/device some UK providers won't recognize it as an acceptable device.

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.