Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanhji6

Roku 4: Disney+ Will No Longer Work After 5/30

In the last week when opening Disney+ on my Roku 4 I get a warning text box that Disney+ will stop working on this Roku device after 5/30/23 and to continue to access it I need to upgrade to a newer device.

Anyone else get this message? If so what device?

I have four Rokus in my home, a 3, a Premiere+, an Ultra, and the 4, none of the others including the older 3 display this warning so it's something specific to the 4. The 4 has always been a bit of a let down from a user experience standpoint (had technical issues with it on my home theater setup so it got replaced by the Ultra) so I'm not attached to it but it's weird that it is being singled out.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4: Disney+ Will No Longer Work After 5/30

It's being singled out by Disney because Roku is dropping (if they haven't already) support for the Roku 4 (model 4400).  Roku 4 devices will not be getting the v12.0 update.  You can see the list of Roku model numbers (model numbers are always better than model names) and their current status at:

Hardware specifications | Roku Developer

If you haven't already, you should get an email about the Roku 4 from Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kanhji6!

Thank you for your first post at the Roku Community!

We wanted to shed some light here to try and help.

Unfortunately, Roku 4 (4400x) is a deprecated device and won't receive the newest OS version (Roku OS 12.0). You can find our release notes and a list of supported devices here: Roku OS software release notes.

To continue watching Disney+, you'll need to grab a new device. Not to worry, check your Roku offers for any deals or upgrade offers under http://my.roku.com/offers. Or, reach out to me directly for an upgrade offer.

If you need more assistance, don't hesitate to send us a private message here.

Best regards,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

The Roku 4 has a unique processor and architecture not shared with other models. Some older models are still supported because they are similar enough to newer models. I would recommend the Express 4K+ as a replacement if you don't need wired Ethernet. I just replaced my 4 with one in a bedroom. It's faster than the 4, and almost the same as the Ultra in my living room. Amazon has it on sale for US$29.99.

0 Kudos