Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bh123wa
Channel Surfer

Removing channel & adding back still has previous users

HBOMax was an added channel and I needed to remove the account holder to enter a new account holder. I removed the channel, then added it back. It did not drop the old account. Looking how to do this. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Removing channel & adding back still has previous users

You must restart the Roku device immediately after removing the channel and before adding it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

If the situation is not resolved via the remove/restart/reinstall process,, from within the HBO Max app, see if you can find a way to log/sign out of that account.  Then log back in to your desired account.  I don't have HBO Max to tell you where to look - explore the available menu options.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
KathyKay
Reel Rookie

Removing channel & adding back still has previous users

I tried removing Disney+ channel from my Roku, restarted the TV, added Disney+ again, still has previous account which is locked and unable to remove it.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@KathyKay  That’s not a Roku issue. Click on the a profile on Disney+. Once your on the main page go over to the left. Then go down to settings. Then logout

DBDukes

@KathyKay wrote:

... restarted the TV...

How? Did you turn it off and on again? If so, be aware that's not a reboot on a Roku TV. If you didn't use the menu system, you didn't reboot. Well, unless of course you unplugged the TV. That'll reboot the heck out of it.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

KathyKay
Reel Rookie

Thank you Ello and DBDukes,

After chatting with the channel website, it was decided it would be best to factory reset the TV.  I did that and was able to reinstall the channel and was able to set up with my account.

Thank you for your help.  Much appreciated!

KathyKay

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@KathyKay  So Disney told you to do a factory reset on your Roku TV? What? Not sure who the you spoke with but that isn’t the solution. Especially if you have multiple Roku devices.

A simply Google search for “How to log out of Disney+“ would have told you how to go about it. At least everything is ok. The advice you got was totally incorrect 

0 Kudos
KathyKay
Reel Rookie

Hello again, 

Thankfully I only had one TV that was reset to factory.  I was able to get my favorite channels back online, and was able to clean up some old channels.

In retrospect,  it was probably not the right way, but for me it worked.  I hear what you are saying!  Could have been disastrous! 

0 Kudos