Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turnip
Streaming Star

Remove default channels (Netflix etc.).

I'm on Roku Stream Bar Pro.  Netflix is the first app on my screen and I can't move it or delete it.   The * button does nothing when I click on it.

I want to delete and reinstall it to try and get rid of auto previews.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remove default channels (Netflix etc.).

Hi @Turnip,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time posting and inquiring about removing or moving the first app on your Roku device. We'll do everything on our end to provide you with the information you need, but we'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. 

• Does the * button respond to other functions except for removing and moving a channel option, or did the * button lose its function entirely?
  • Are you able to remove or move other channels except the first app, which is Netflix?

Please check out this support article for other ways and more information about removing channels from your Roku streaming device.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be glad to assist.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Turnip
Streaming Star

I did a system reset an it worked.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Turnip,

Thank you for the quick response.

We're glad to know that it worked. If you need any other assistance, please let us know, and we'll be glad to help.

Have a good day!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Turnip
Streaming Star

This part worked but stopping the auto preview did not. I made a separate thread about that. thanks. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I don't have Netflix any longer, but I'm pretty sure the auto preview can be disabled only on the Netflix web site under the user settings. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Turnip
Streaming Star

I did that but it still keeps auto playing on my Roku

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Then you need to complain to Netflix. They control the functionality of their channel on Roku devices. Frankly, it's one reason I cancelled with them, because it's so annoying when they auto-play.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos