Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janie17
Reel Rookie

Remove channels via web or phone app

Jump to solution

I used to be able to remove channels from my web browser after I logged in but now I can’t.  It only lets me add.  Also, the instructions say I can remove from my phone by downloading the app and logging in… I did that and it doesn’t work either.  Can someone tell me how to remove all of these channels WITHOUT sitting in front of my TV and using the remote?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remove channels via web or phone app

Jump to solution

My Roku app is Android, not iOS, but for me:

1. Launch Roku app on phone
  2. Click "Devices" button at bottom
  3. Select a Roku device (for removing a channel any device will do).
  4. For the device selected, "Channels" is one of the options presented.
  5. In the channel display press and hold (don't just tap) the one you want to remove.
  6. Press "Remove", then confirm.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've never been able to delete channels from my Roku except with the remote on the player itself. You can add channels on the website but it won't let you remove them, it's ridiculous. You need to be able to fully edit your channels by adding or deleting them on the website or mobile apps.

renojim

Jump to solution

@Janie17, do you have a link to these instructions?  People have been asking for years for the ability to remove channels via a browser, so I'm pretty sure you're mistaken that it was ever possible.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Janie17
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, no I don't have a link to old instructions but I had a Roku box many years ago and I was able to add standard channel store apps, add custom apps with a code and remove any of them from my browser and then the results would show up on the little box.  I stopped using Roku when the box broke (probably 6+ years ago).  Now I have Roku built in on a cheap TV I bought and was trying to remove all of these old apps the same way I remembered doing it before.  It only lets me do it on the TV itself, sitting there in front of the TV for a long long time.  My Roku app on my iphone doesn't even let me just go into apps that I have downloaded and delete them either, even though the Roku site says it will.  Driving me nuts!  Yes - we want you to use the website and add apps but we won't let you delete/remove them. 

Roku support article 232010488 describe how to remove channels from the app - which doesn't work because it isn't available.  The bottom of the Official Roku app app has Home-Roku Channel (this is their built in free channel) -Remote-Devices

There is no channels tab with my channels.  I have a recent download of the app from the apple app store so I know it is current.  The instructions may be from an older version of the app.

Removing channels from within the Roku mobile app

If needed, install the Roku mobile app.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app
  2. Tap Channels 

from the navigation bar
  3. From the Channels tab, select My Channels to view a list of channels installed on your Roku device.
  4. Tap and hold a channel to view more information
  5. Tap Remove and confirm your decision
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

My Roku app is Android, not iOS, but for me:

1. Launch Roku app on phone
  2. Click "Devices" button at bottom
  3. Select a Roku device (for removing a channel any device will do).
  4. For the device selected, "Channels" is one of the options presented.
  5. In the channel display press and hold (don't just tap) the one you want to remove.
  6. Press "Remove", then confirm.
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Janie17
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  This did work on the app once I connected to the TV.  Hopefully they update their article and add the remove option to the web interface.  I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos