Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cllord75

Re: Removal of the tv series Home Improvement

I grew up watching the show and I really miss not being able to watch it. It's really frustrating me not being able to watch home improvement for free. I watched it every morning while having my coffee and eating my breakfast before heading out to work and it was just a great way to start my day and if I had trouble sleeping at night I'd watch another episode. It always worked. Please bring it back 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I don't know why you all put the blame on Roku. It's up to the media company with the rights to make deals. With such a popular show, they know they can still make more money going through subscription services. Otherwise, it's only on Disney+/Hulu right now. Not sure if there are any FAST channels carrying it, but they are typically live only.

No notice of removal or anything. Kinda bad business practices nonetheless.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Unfortunately, Roku doesn't seem to indicate when a show or movie is  about to leave. Typically, beware around the 15th, or a new month.

To be honest, if you really love a show or movie, you can "buy" them on various services, or better, buy it on DVD or Blu-ray. If you buy from a service linked with MoviesAnywhere, it's available across many of them, and often MA itself.

0 Kudos
Drdamona

Did it get pulled for content (woke) reasons?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Drdamona, NO!  Don't start some ridiculous conspiracy theory.  It's the nature of streaming that content comes and goes as rights are acquired and expire.  No company can stream whatever they want whenever they want.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.