Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrY69

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

As posted previously, to disable HDR:

Go to Home Screen on your Roku TV;

Press Home button 5 times, then Rewind button, then Down, Then Fast Forward, then Down again, and then Rewind button again. 

This should put you in a hidden developer screen. Select ‘Change HDR Mode’, then Disable HDR.  

Press Home button to exit and return to Peacock.  The picture should look normal again. 

Andrew_TX

This worked for me thank you. 

0 Kudos
ggj61

Following these key strokes do not seem to bring me to a developer screen or the option to disable HDR. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
MrY69

ggj61, the keystrokes probably only work on a Roku TV, not a Roku device connected to a TV.  It works for JVC and TCL, Roku TVs, as far as I know. Confirm that you are pressing the Rewind, Down and Fast Forward buttons and not something else.

0 Kudos
DragonDon

Maybe hammering Peacock with MASS complaints for a fix 

Is this really a Roku issue or Peacock issue?♂️🤷‍♂️

Carlerick
Reel Rookie

The cheat code works on a ROKU tv.  I think this is a ROKU issue not able to process HDR content correctly.  

DragonDon

So nothing wrong on Peacock's end? 🤔

Bgagne68
Channel Surfer

I have a sharp Roku tv and I can’t get to a screen to turn off HDR . Short cut doesn’t work

0 Kudos
Carlerick
Reel Rookie

Well, it works fine on my iPhone, so yes I think it’s a ROKU problem with HDR streaming service, but maybe it’s on both ends.  

jdubyamv8

All washed out and not a great picture. Only on this channel for Peacock plus. We have a strong wifi connection so it’s not the feed. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.