Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV+ not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

@wenjenaz 

Thanks for the post.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mlmatthews

Jump to solution

Same problem. Apple TV app works perfectly fine on one Roku and not the other. It will. Not. Play. Videos. The message is the same as others have stated- ‘video not available to watch,  wait a moment then try again.’  Over and over. I walk upstairs to my other Roku device- works just fine! This is clearly a Roku issue. FIX IT and stop punting to Apple. So frustrating! 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mlmatthews 

Thanks for the information.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nuromri
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Having same issue.  Apple tv reports video not available.  Just deinstalled cycled power and reinstalled with no help.  What is the story here?  From the forum not new.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@nuromri 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried reaching out to Apple TV+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JulienWA

Jump to solution

Danny. Do us a favor and stop responding… Please punt this to a supervisor or manager or someone else who will not give us the same answer that you keep giving that doesn’t work. Apple will not help us with this issue because they claim it as your platform that is causing the problem. While we may know that that is not actually true, they are refusing to help. If you want people to continue using your service then I suggest you actually troubleshoot this issue and stop telling us to uninstall the app. 

adougherty
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We successfully used the Apple TV app on our Roku stick in February. Fast forward to July and the same app will not play any video.

I have uninstalled the app. I have cycled power on the Roku stick. I have reinstalled the app.

The app keeps saying video is not available and I should check my internet connection. My Roku stick is within 2 ft of my router and every other installed app streams video just fine.

Whatever this problem is, y’all need to work with Apple to fix it.

Lnpranch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I have done everything i have found online to do. 

If i doesn't start working properly than i am going to drop Apple tv and Roku both. 

Because its a waste of money we just can't afford at this time.

Lnpranch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, the only channel that doesn't work properly is the Apple tv, i have done everything suggested and it still won't work but it works on my computer.  

I don't know if its a glitch in the Apple tv channel or if its something to do with Roku, obviously its a huge issue since so many people are having the same issues. 

I at this point am very frustrated and considering cancelling Apple tv and my Roku. 

I can't afford to waste the money for stuff that isn't going to work for us.

nuromri
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So..

it seems Apple TV won't stream to a 4K tv unless it accepts 64 fps HDR. Make sure the TV settings are appropriate. Once I did the issue vanished. 

0 Kudos