Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaughn63
Channel Surfer

Qwest TV and Vivaldi Channels Removed. Why?

Qwest TV and Vivaldi seem to have been removed from the Live Streaming TV lineup as of yesterday.  Why?  When these were added to the lineup some time ago it further cemented my loyalty to Roku - among many other good things I could say about Roku.  These were true gems of among thousands of pure junk channels.  It is extremely disappointing that they've been abruptly taken away.  

6 REPLIES 6
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Qwest TV and Vivaldi Channels Removed. Why?

Hi @Vaughn63

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channels, Themes, or Screensavers can be removed at any time for a variety of different reasons. At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. We take reports of piracy or any other unlawful activity very seriously.

For more information, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
kevindr

I agree. I've just found that Vivaldi is no longer available.  You didn't mention if Roku terminated the agreement of if Vivaldi terminated it.   Could you provide a contact for the viewers to reach out to, in order to help resolve the issues and restore the agreement?   As others have said this is/was one of the gems of Roku TV.

Disappointed,

Kevindr

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @kevindr

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channels, Themes, or Screensavers can be removed at any time for a variety of different reasons. At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. We take reports of piracy or any other unlawful activity very seriously.

For more information, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@kevindr and @Vaughn63 

Vivalidi and Qwest are available on Plex (free) channel/app under their Music category in LiveTV.

Launch Plex and then Search "Vivaldi" in order to quickly access it.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/68e8d568fdd68a1197a2b9a5f69e16c0/plex-free-movies-and-tv

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Im extremely upset too!!!!! 😞

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuLianna  Except in this case, as has been pointed out, both these channels ARE still available, we just have to jump through more hoops to get to them, and only God knows how @AvsGunnar was able to find them! So if a user knows this, why don't you Roku employees?  Instead of just telling us they come and go, it would be far more helpful to let us know where we can find these frisky channels....

0 Kudos