Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting a new Roku device on my TV

I was thinking about getting a new roku device and I'm wondering if once I put the new one on and add all my movie apps will I still be able to see that line under the stuff I've already watched still be there so I know where I left off or will it just look like I haven't watched it at all?  You know how it shows you the episodes you've seen already, I'm worried all that will be gone and I wont know where I left off.  Thanks  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Putting a new Roku device on my TV

In general those things are tied to your account (either your Roku account or your account directly with the provider).  Adding a new Roku device to the same Roku account and/or signing into the same provider (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) account should keep your status intact.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Putting a new Roku device on my TV

Tracking which shows/episodes you've watched is done by the individual channel apps for which you have established accounts.  For any channel that tracks your viewing, your viewing history should be accessed on any Roku that is logged into the same channel account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X