Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PGB1
Streaming Star

Pluto Locking Up TVs. Tried Every Thing In Other Pluto Threads

Hello!

Pluto causes each of our 4 Roku enabled televisions to lock up & go to a black screen after a few minutes of playing. (3 are TCL and one is Onn brand) The only way to unlock the televisions is to unplug them for several seconds and reboot.

Pluto also, when it plays, will freeze or will go back to the home screen. This repeats over and over until the show plays for a few minutes, then the TV locks. When working, the closed captioning usually does not work, either. Even when first selecting a show, Pluto takes several minutes before the show starts. Other channels start within seconds, with Roku Channel being the fastest. And, Pluto will switch episodes mid-watch (for the very few minutes that it works).

It does not matter which show one tries to watch, but some are worse than others- Have Gun Will Travel being the worst offender. It causes our TV sets to go ape crazy!

I've tried removing the channel from the TVs and re-installing. No luck. I tried signing into Roku and removing and re-adding it. No luck. I tried contacting Pluto Support but, ironically, their web site locks up.

Is there something I may have missed to try?

Thanks For Helping.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto Locking Up TVs. Tried Every Thing In Other Pluto Threads

Hi @PGB1,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community updated by sharing your report. We would like to gather more information about this issue and figure out how to resolve it. To help us understand better, could you let us know when you first noticed the problem? Is there a specific time frame when this issue occurs?

We would also recommend taking a closer look at some additional troubleshooting provided by our support page here on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know more about this or if the troubleshooting steps provided help.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PGB1
Streaming Star

Re: Pluto Locking Up TVs. Tried Every Thing In Other Pluto Threads

Thank You for replying. The problem was first noticed the first time I used Pluto- perhaps a year ago.

I tried all of the troubleshooting steps & nothing helps. One can't contact Pluto because their web Contact is broken.

I guess I will give up on Pluto on Roku.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.