Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why do I need to buy a new device because Roku can't make their old ones work for Peacock or HBO

Jump to solution

While it would be nice for users to easily see if their device is supported, your point is valid. A quick look shows at least 28 different streamers (not counting Roku TV models) that would need to be evaluated and a method of displaying the information developed:

That doesn't include pre-2013 devices, some of which are still supported by Roku. That's a lot of info to include.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Why do I need to buy a new device because Roku can't make their old ones work for Peacock or HBO

Jump to solution

And you didn't include all the different models of TVs. Yeah, there's a huge number of different models that would require validation testing. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jonathyn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the input, gang. I'm new to being a "disgruntled" customer and it was a bit frustrating to have to pull a few nice customer support people through a few unnecessary hoops, but it would be a good idea for everyone to have some sort of compatibility reference chart handy, especially for such a major channel. One call would have prevented a lot of rebooting, speed testing and screenshotting. 

Hopefully my experience will encourage this reference chart practice, and I'll win a brand new Roku device for my brilliant suggestion.

.. Or I can just beg forgiveness and hope for a coupon code that will shut me up. 

0 Kudos
kvanpatten

Jump to solution

The description you provided is almost identical to mine. Let me know if you get Peacock on your Roku.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@kvanpatten You didn't identify what Roku model you have. But if it's unsupported by a particular channel, there's nothing Roku can do about it. They don't develop the channels for 3rd party providers. 

Dan

Jonathyn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The info people gave me was right on the money, so I went ahead and picked up a new Roku unit, and I am so glad I did. Not only does it get every channel I ever tried to download (including a few I had forgotten I wanted), but it's also lightning fast, the remote is streamlined and compatible with my TV, and the channel shortcut buttons go to channels that still exist!  Seriously. I think my old model had a Dumont Network button.

TL : DR. Bite the bullet, get a new Roku. 

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Jonathyn wrote:

... I think my old model had a Dumont Network button.

That made me laugh.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Re: Peacock and HBO Max don't work with current device

Jump to solution

HBO max device not recognized. I’m traveling in an rv. HBO max worked fine on my Roku express. New park and now it won’t work. HBO max works fine on my phone. I’ve uninstalled turned off reset etc. to no avail. What gives?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Peacock and HBO Max don't work with current device

Jump to solution

@PegHBOMaxNotWor If you're traveling outside the US, that would likely explain HBO Max not working. Most of the major streaming providers have geographic restrictions where they can stream their content. 

Also, you didn't specify the model Roku you're using. Simply saying "Express" doesn't help because there's many different versions of Express, all with different model numbers. The same applies regardless of the model name. Roku reuses the name over and over with significantly different hardware.

Dan

0 Kudos