Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricko1

Peacock TV - is it compatible with Roku 3700X?

Hi. We have a Roku Player 3700X. I cannot find Peacock TV. In our account it says it is installed. Is our player incompatible? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Peacock TV - is it compatible with Roku 3700X?

Roku:
Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later) 
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Ricko1-

Any channel app you can find in the Channel Store can be loaded onto your Roku account.  The channel app will only download to Roku devices/tvs with which it is compatible.

NBC says it wrote its Peacock app to be compatible with the following Roku models:

(Check your model number via Roku menu path Settings > System > About)

Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later)
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

The X or other letters you may see at the end of the model number are distribution codes and are irrelevant to this issue.

Current as of March 11, 2023. Check the source listed below for updates.
(I think it's safe to assume that more recent models (higher model numbers) not yet listed by Peacock are supported)

Source: https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock

Peacock is currently available to stream within the United States and certain U.S. territories (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Marian Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
Source: https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/where-is-peacock-available, March 11, 2023

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

A check shows that the 3700 is the first Roku Express from 2016. Peacock does not support that old model.

If you want to update to a newer model, I would NOT get the current Roku Express. Pay the little bit more for the Express 4K. It's much faster and has enough memory (both RAM and channel storage) to be usable for quite awhile.

0 Kudos