Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goodmorningpaul
Reel Rookie

Paramount plus not working

Every time I go onto the app the cursor moves on its own and it never lets me play a movie. It gets halfway onto the loading screen and then goes back to the movie title. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and checked the wifi connection and the system for updates and nothing. I cannot figure out how to clear the cache. This happens on no other app and when I try to contact Roku customer service it says my device isn’t eligible for service. Not sure what to do help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount plus not working

Hi @Goodmorningpaul,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Paramount+ channel since it got halfway onto the loading screen and then went back to the movie title. We're happy to help. Please try these troubleshooting steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Goodmorningpaul
Reel Rookie

Hello John,

the issue is still persisting after doing a system restart

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Goodmorningpaul,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the issue!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps, videos from other channels play fine. In that case, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@RokuJohnB  When I try to contact Roku customer service it says my device isn’t eligible for service. Not sure what to do help would be appreciated.  The customer is not asking for a replacement device, just help with a specific problem.  As a Roku Guru I am getting extremely frustrated with Roku's lack of decent respectful customer service.  I love your products but service is terrible.  You can and must do better!!!!

RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HDMIGuy @Goodmorningpaul,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry you have to go through this kind of inconvenience. We want to investigate on this issue further. Could you please provide us a screenshot of the error you're getting?

We'll wait to hear back from you. Thanks!

Warm Regards,

Rey 

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@RokuRey-V Sorry that I was not more clear.  I don't have a problem but was commenting on a Roku response to goodmorningpaul that I quoted.  Thanks for the quick response.

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HDMIGuy  @Goodmorningpaul ,

We'll surely notify our appropriate Roku team of the "not-eligible service" issue. An update will be posted once the problem is fixed.

Warm Regards,

Rey

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
PictwoDoug

Just signed up for Paramount+ and Showtime.  The app shows up I can navigate to the show and select the episode, but nothing happens after that.  I have a Roku Ultra 4660X/

0 Kudos