Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramount plus error has occurred during playback

Jump to solution

My paramount plus is not working, I’ve tried on other devices that isn’t Roku and it works. It says “an error has occurred during playback please try again” I have done everything it’s told me like restarting the Roku deleting the app and redownloading it and I’m still having this issue. Any suggestions? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount plus error has occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Hi @Jmaythews70 and @Josalyntaylor20.

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream the Paramount Plus channel. We're happy to help. We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
Note: We'll mark this post as solved, but if the instructions above don't resolve the issue for you, please let us know or reply to this thread for further assistance. We're here to help, and we'll be glad to assist you further

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue, so probably not your TV I imagine

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jmaythews70 and @Josalyntaylor20.

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream the Paramount Plus channel. We're happy to help. We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
Note: We'll mark this post as solved, but if the instructions above don't resolve the issue for you, please let us know or reply to this thread for further assistance. We're here to help, and we'll be glad to assist you further

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cmorin

Jump to solution

Getting same error it's pissing me off.  

0 Kudos
cmorin

Jump to solution

Already done a reboot what generic answer you going to give next

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution
Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @cmorin.

Rest assured, we'll flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. To help the team better assess this issue, could you provide us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Keep us posted.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spencer27

Jump to solution

I want to change my Paramount+ login to get on a new account, but the app on Roku won't let me sign out, even though I've canceled my old subscription. I really don't like the idea of doing a system reset and having to start over, but it sounds like that may be the only option. And Paramount+ is no help, either.

0 Kudos
Wh33zy13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Been getting the same thing for a few weeks now. Works fine on apple devices / appletv.. done the uninstall and reboot ‘solution’ a couple of times with no effect.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @Spencer27 and @Wh33zy13.

We understand your sentiments and we appreciate the steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue. Since the issue is persistent, please provide us with the details I have requested in the above post.

Your response is highly anticipated.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
p4progress
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Janadee,

I have been experiencing this problem for at least a week or two.  It generally occurs within the minute before a commercial break.  The error is "Error.    Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback.  Please try again."  Requested information is provided below:

IMG_3810.jpg

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.