Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuanFrancisco
Channel Surfer

Paramount+ not working on Mexico

So, here's the deal, i do have 2 Rokus that work perfectly and have no issues with the Paramount+ app but my dad has a Roku Streambar, he already has his own subscription to the Paramount+ app and unlike me, he cannot use the app

The problem is that if he goes throught the "ROKU Paramount+" he needs to pay again, he doesnt want that, so, we downloaded the Paramount+ app and when once we open it, it keeps either freezing in a black screen with no information OR it appears a "sign in" form that ask all his information with no option for a "log in" users who already has the service, we tried to fill the form and see if doing it that way the Paramount+ app would detect an existent account and redirect him to his personal account or a log in option but when he gets to the zip code form, the app isnt allowing it since i am assuming it's asking an american zip code, so everytime we get there we just cant move forward

We already tried deleting the app and restoring to fabric the roku but it doesnt work either, we deleted the app, restore the roku and once he logged in into his roku account the app is already there again and with the same issue

Writing this apart because i saw a post on spanish from several people having the same issue and from what i saw neither of yall speak it, so i guess this would be more helpfull, it does seem the Paramount+ app is wrongly adjusted internationally, specially latin america and we cant use, i would appreciate it if you can fix this for the people who cant log in.  Like i said i do have 2 rokus and another account of Paramount+ and i dont have issues with the app since ive been logged in for some months,so  this just seems to happen to new members who arent logged in, so in one moment the app started to fail cuz few months ago it was ok.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

@Susie52 @MarthaLM

Thanks for the posts.

If you select the option to Sign Out, what happens on screen? Are you able to re-authenticate the channel with your credentials? If not, can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to better understand the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
JuanFrancisco
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Today i opened the app and this is the error showin up, this is on a streaming bar roku bar on mexico

imagen.png

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @JuanFrancisco

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Paramount Plus channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Paramount Plus Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Mb20
Reel Rookie

The screen shot is my same problem , I pay for Paramount Plus through Roku App,   very same problem.

0 Kudos

How can I call y'all I want to cancel CBS interactive and Discovery 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Vernitabanks, you can cancel your subscriptions through Roku by logging into your account at https://my.roku.com .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JuanFrancisco
Channel Surfer

have u try both Paramount+ apps? the screenshot i took is from the Paramount+ app used when u already have an account, i believe i saw another app called Paramount+ Roku, if you havent try with that one and you are paying through Roku maybe you can log in there

0 Kudos
db20

SAME issue here - 
Across ALL ROKU devices, including 2X Express and one stick.  Same error profile on all. Also tried P+ Web site, SAME PROBLEM!!!!

I had Paramount+ activated through the Roku free trial, was working fairly reliably, aside from one night it had the "error, we are fixing", was corrected by next AM.  New charge of $4.99 by Roku was posted to my PayPal account to continue after the free trial, posted 1/14. 

Was watching P+. and about 1AM -ish 1/14, feed shut off, and got a screen (as others posted) with:
"get started" - sorry, already have an account!!!!  THis fact is duly noted by a page saying "Account Exists", asks me to sign in despite ALREADY being signed in....  also this precludes creating another account....
"watch free episodes" - sorry, I PAID for the sub already!!!!!!
"sign out" - which I tried on the slim chance it would reset the account/access, NOPE!  Same errors on signingback in!!!!

Obviously I HAVE an account, ALREADY PAID my money for it, AND CANNOT WATCH IT!!!  I'm not cancelling a sub I paid for but CANNOT access!!!!!

Clearly there is a problem, there are definitely reports here, this is sort of pathetic that you and P+ cannot get your accounting s**t together and properly set up billing and accounts. 

While I'm liking the Roku, one of the Express units is acting up and randomly not working correctly (volume up button will "stick"and crank the vol), as well as staying on all the time, unlike the other Express.  Debating whether to return to purchase point (Best Buy) or Roku???  Combined with the seemingly random accounting/billing/account/subscription issues, it reminds me of the **bleep** cable services I left behind.....  wondering if ANYHONE can create a reliable video delivery system?!?!?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@db20

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you accessing Paramount+ through the channel directly or through the Roku Channel?

How are you subscribed to the Paramount+ channel? Are you paying through Roku Pay or through the channel provider directly?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos