Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SonOfLiberties
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount+ Flashing Black Screen Fix

Jump to solution

The ‘Continue Watching’ is a relatively new feature that Roku rolled out in a recent update. If you have this feature, there is a ‘Continue Watching’ section at the top of the Roku main screen. Per my original post, if you clear the ‘Continue Watching’ using the * button, this seems to have fixed the issue for me.

LMC1972
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ah ok thanks.  No we don't have that function available.  

0 Kudos
mmmelizabeth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The support answers are not helpful, but we did what the above suggested - finding the "Continue Watching" feature on the main menu and clearing it out. The list keeps auto-populating stuff that we've seen a year ago, two years ago - it isn't reflective of what we have recently been viewing, which seems like a Roku tech issue 🙄

When we got diligent about clearing that out, the Paramount+ problems stopped. Crazy, huh?

But yeah, you can go call Paramount...

thecroztm

Jump to solution

I removed the app and then reinstalled it. No longer having the problem. Hope that fixed it....

0 Kudos
SvetBeard

Jump to solution

Just found a fix. From Roku home, go to “Settings” then “System” then “Advanced system settings” then “Advanced display settings.” Now set “Auto-adjust display refresh rate” to off. 
That stopped the paramount+ preview blanking. Why Paramount just won’t let me turn off the video previews, I don’t know. You can turn off the auto sound and least and not deal with the blanking screen. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SvetBeard, there's a new "Auto-play video" setting under Settings->Accessibility that's supposed to stop the videos from automatically playing when you're navigating around an app.  It appeared with the 12.5.5 update, but it isn't mandatory that apps respect it until October 2024 and even then only if the app is updated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.