Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlfetters48
Channel Surfer

Paramount/CBS channel freezes

Paramount/CBS channel freezes up just after the CBS tones when train to watch Deep Space 9. I usually try all of various things o resolve the issue. I will try a restart, check for Roku up dates, check and setup my wired internet connections. I usually takes me about six or more try's to get a program to play. Maybe CBS could remove their trademark jingle.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount/CBS channel freezes

@dlfetters48

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dlfetters48
Channel Surfer

When I navigate the channel tile, and I press the * key on my remote and I try to choose to 'Remove channel', the only option that I get is to Manage Subscription and then to Unsubscribe from Paramount+, which I do not want to do.

Thank You

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dlfetters48

Thanks for the post.

In order to remove the channel, and restart your device, then add the channel again for a clean install, you will need to unsubscribe to the channel first. However, please be aware that you can simply re-subscribe to the channel once you have added the channel back again.

Please keep us posted after performing the above steps and we will be able to assist you further if the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
murphyr52

I seem to be having the same issue with CBS on Paramount. Other channels come in, BET, Smithsonian etc..  But CBS shows a beginning picture, the picture freezes, the sound continues for about a minute and then the screen returns to the ROKU Home Screen.  I have restarted ROKU, unplugged and restarted ROKU, checked for updates on ROKU and Paramount and I installed and reinstalled the Paramount channel. Problem continues. Paramount plays with no problem on my iPad and my IphoneSE

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.