Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mooneyman

Ota channels work but one channel wont

I am using a hdhomerun to send ota signal to my network tvs.  Every tv with roku will play all but a couple of channels.  I have reset and checked for updates to no avail.  I can use an Amazon fire stick and the channels that roku cannot play work fine on the fire stick.  So….understanding that roku is apparently not interested in actual customer service, anyone out there have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ota channels work but one channel wont

You could ask Silicon Dust, but I fear you'd get similar customer service.  I can tell you that my Roku works with my HDHomerun Quatro... um... poorly.  I don't consider it usable that way, but I pretty much never watch anything live anyway.  I haven't seen it not display a channel, but it almost always stops after a few minutes.  I would guess that whatever format the non-working channels are using isn't compatible with Roku, but I didn't think that was possible with what's currently available OTA.  Does it give any kind of error message?  Can you record the raw video and compare the format and codecs used with a channel that does work?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos