Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paraskevi
Reel Rookie

Option to add youtube tv channel NOT AVAILABLE

I just had to do  factory reset on my ROKU because it kept dropping the internet connection after being shut off for a few hours. When  I did the reset, YOU TUBE TV (which I am subscribed to) no longer appears on my Home Page. In addition, when I do a channel search I find it BUT Roku is NOT giving me the option to add channel like it does all the other services.

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Option to add youtube tv channel NOT AVAILABLE

Did you link it to your original Roku account or did you create a new one?  If you try to add it from the Channel Store website, does it say it's already installed?  Sometimes it seems like you have to perform a "Software update" and/or "System restart" multiple times before everything shows up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SwissMKE

I just purchased an Ultra LT and have the same problem with YoutubeTV not showing up on the Home Screen

0 Kudos
paraskevi
Reel Rookie

It indicates "installed" on the website. When you go to Streaming Store on the actual TV, YTTV is simply NOT listed under any of their categories, so you cannot access it. You have to do a search and find it manually. Even after that, there is no opportunity to ADD that channel.

So if you are watching a show on YTTV and switch to Paramount (or any other channel) to watch a show you cannot go back to YTTV from the Home screen. You have to go through the entire search process again

please keep in mind that I did an actual Factory reset to cure the connectivity problem

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention regarding the YouTube TV channel on your Roku devices. Could you please confirm if you are experiencing this problem on all of your Roku streaming players?

In addition, troubleshooting seems to have been exhausted already, and we appreciate the effort. We'll need more information to investigate further. Please do share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeremyBH

I have Youtube tv on two other Roku devices.  I tried to install on a new streaming stick and Youtube TV is not shown in the channel store.  I manually found it but it will not install on my new Roku stick.  I went to the website and it shows that it is already installed.  I also did a software update check and I am at the latest.  I think you need to fix this software issue immediately.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jeremyBH,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your experience with this issue. We'll look into it, but we need your help by providing the details requested above your post. In addition, can you also provide a photo where it shows no option to install? We did try it on our end, but we're still able to remove and add the channel back.

Keep us posted!

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeremyBH

I did a system restart on the System/power menu and that instantly fixed the problem.  I was hesitant to do it at first because I thought that I would have start over with the configuration process but that was not the case.

paraskevi
Reel Rookie

ok so this evening out of nowhere YTTV showed up on the home screen and I was able to watch programs up until about 20 minutes ago. when the show was over I switched to You Tube. It was working perfectly on the home screen all along until that switch. From that moment on, when I pressed it from the Home Screen, the YT logo just stayed on the screen and did nothing. So I went back to YTTV and guess what? It was no longer working. the logo just stayed on the screen. Now neither of the work.

here is the info you requested when I tried to open YTTV

DEV 65S535

A116X

SN X00300WC2F54

Software   13.0.0

Build 24062-88

Tracker ID  54-233-432

and BTW, it will not give me a tracker ID after trying to open YT

this product.......................

ID   

0 Kudos
paraskevi
Reel Rookie

so this morning the issue was still happening. I power cycled the TV and all is good......for now.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.