Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLite74
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 12.0] Font problems in most apps

Jump to solution

@Cobrachris :  

The reply from @andyross ended up solving my problem.  

Instead of randomly switching resolutions, which was my earlier approach, I systematically switched resolutions, working my way from the lowest to the highest.  Specifically, I first switched the Roku display setting to the lowest possible resolution (720p) and then systematically increased the resolution one step at a time until I reached 4K HDR 30 fps, which is the limit of my TV.  Since then, fonts have been displaying normally.  

Thanks go out to @andyross .   I hope this helps you too.

Cobrachris
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@DLite74 thanks! Following your procedure fixed my issue as well. Fonts are looking normal now. Thanks also to @andyross

Cobrachris
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This issue still needs to be fixed. My text keeps changing back to being blurry. Sometimes it's fine for a couple of days and sometimes it's only a few hours until the text reverts back to being blurry. A work-around isn't a fix.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku released an update a few days ago with that being one of the possible fixes. It is 12.0-4181 or something like that. You can go to the update check in system settings if the about screen doesn't show it updated yet 

0 Kudos