Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcav175
Channel Surfer

Now to watch live NFL games for free on Roku TV

I have a Roku TV connected to the Internet via Ethernet cable.  I would like to watch NFL games for FREE.  What should I do? 

I am able to watch YouTube.  Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Now to watch live NFL games for free on Roku TV

Get a $5-50 digital amplified indoor antenna and connect it to your TV (available at Walmart/Best Buy/Amazon/etc), and receive the OTA channels in your market.

Otherwise you'll need to subscribe to a TV provider (Cable/Sat/Internet) to use app-based streaming generally speaking (some apps/services may allow limited free viewing).

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@kcav175 

The only legal free streaming of the NFL is if you have Xfinity Internet and Flex, you can watch Peacock TV Premium free streams of NBC's NFL games.

For CBS games streaming, Paramount+ plan that includes local CBS is $10/month.

There is no free streaming of ESPN or Fox games.

You can watch local stations with an antenna, as @StreamerUser, but that's not really streaming, just watching TV via antenna.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kcav175
Channel Surfer

@DBDukes wrote:

@kcav175 

@DBDukes wrote:

@kcav175 

The only legal free streaming of the NFL is if you have Xfinity Internet and Flex, you can watch Peacock TV Premium free streams of NBC's NFL games.

I subscribe to the Xfinity Internet service. What is Flex?

kCav175
0 Kudos
kcav175
Channel Surfer

Today I subscribed to Paecock TV Standard edition and I looked for a list of NFL games to be broadcast.  I found a list of games to be played on Sunday that are to be broadcast, but I would like to watch the New England Patriots games.  I  looked for a list that would show the date and time of their games to be broadcast and I couldn't find anything, so I tried to use Help,  It said "Agent will be with you" I waited, no agent came.   Do you know where I can post a question concerning where to find a schedule of NFL games to be broadcast on Peacock  TV Standard edition? 

KCav175

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@kcav175 

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/flex

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
di-OR
Binge Watcher

Thank you for this post, trying desperately for my dear husby to be able to watch any football whatsoever since we got Roku.  We're Seniors and cannot afford these steep monthly payments.  Now I will research how we can stream college games, he loves the Ducks!

0 Kudos