Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmpres
Channel Surfer

None of my local cable stations are listed on my cable guide

My local cable company just installed (or actually re-installed, I am switching back to cable from Dish) my cable.  They put a box on my living room TV and set it up.  I was told to just get a Roku for my other TV's.  I bought one and have gotten it all connected and everything works.  Except the first channel on the guide is in the 200's.  I can't find my local cable channels....Any help?????

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: None of my local cable stations are listed on my cable guide

Maybe the cable installer forgot to tell you some things. Exactly which cable company do you use? You will not have all the cable channels on a Roku device as you do using a cable box. Maybe he misinformed you. There is a Spectrum TV app and a beta xFinity channel for Roku. Which Roku model did you purchase? You could’ve actually saved money and not gone back to cable. You could use a live TV streaming service such as YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV or DirecTV Stream 

0 Kudos
lmpres
Channel Surfer

Roku 4x.  I was told by the agent who did the ordering and the installer that it would work.....

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Need more information then Roku 4xxx. What is the exact model number you bought. Also who is your cable tv provider? You’re not giving me enough information. Think of a Roku like a smart phone. A smart phone has apps a Roku has channels like apps. Those channels are Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and more. You launch those channels and stream them. There is no channel guide either. 

0 Kudos
lmpres
Channel Surfer

Roku Express 4k+.....

I just spoke to customer service and they said I need to go to the app store and download the Breezeline app.  I cannot find the app store anywhere....

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Who is your cable company?

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

So you have Breezeline for a cable tv provider. That use to be Atlantic Broadband. There is no Breezeline or Atlantic Broadband channel in the Roku channel store. Obviously Bree‘s line is telling you the wrong information. You can however download channels like NBC and log in with your Breezeline credentials. Somebody told you the wrong information from Breezeline. If there was such a channel then have them send you a link. But I was in the channel store myself and it’s not there. There’s a breeze line app for your phone and you can also watch it on your computer it says so right on their website

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@HDMIGuy  Breezeline but there is no channel. Someone told them the wrong information

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@lmpres   

49766481-D2AB-4F5D-9A40-073DB0523064.png

0 Kudos
lmpres
Channel Surfer

That's what it appears.  This sucks.....

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.