Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeithB2
Reel Rookie

No longer able to stream TCM Channel

Jump to solution

Re: Connection to TCM. I have Optimum cable on a few TVs, and stream Roku on 2 others. I recently moved and so had to change my Optimum user ID, but nothing else changed. However, now I can no longer stream TCM, which is our favorite channel. When using Roku, I click on the TCM channel and get the following error message: "Sorry, your cable subscription does not include this content." I contacted Optimum, and they said there's no reason I shouldn't be able to stream as before on my non-cable TV's and I contacted TCM Help as well. TCM Help doesn't know why the connection no longer works either. Is this a Roku issue, and if so can someone point me to a fix for this? Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No longer able to stream TCM Channel

Jump to solution

@KeithB2-

I'm away from home at the moment so I can't verify exact menu settings but from memory..

Try logging out of your Watch TCM account.  On the menu down the left side of the screen select Settings.  Somewhere in there should be an option to sign out.  After signing out, sign back in, logging in with your current cable account credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
renojim

Jump to solution

I would suggest the old remove, restart, add procedure:

1. Highlight the WatchTCM channel/app on your Home Screen, press * on your Roku remote, choose "Remove channel"
  2. Restart your Roku from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate
  3. Add the channel again from "Streaming Channels" on the Home Screen menu

Don't skip step 2 or do the steps in any other order.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
KeithB2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi renojim,

Thank you for suggestion.  I followed the steps, but unfortunately still get the same error.  I also then tried disconnecting and reconnecting to my WiFi, but this didn't do anything either.  Still at a loss (and it turns out I can't get CBS Sports or Fox Sports now either, which means no NFL football on Sunday).  Do you know how I can get in touch with Roku support for technical assistance?  

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

All Roku support seems to start with https://support.roku.com/contactus , but good luck with that.

I have two more nuclear options - factory reset the Roku and try again (a bit of a pain) and if that doesn't work factory reset the Roku, create a new Roku account with a different email address, and link to the new account instead of the old one.  If you go the new Roku account route make sure you cancel any subscriptions you have through Roku (check your subscriptions at https://my.roku.com ) on the old account.

Sorry I don't have anything better for you.  Maybe @RokuDanny-R has an idea.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@KeithB2-

I'm away from home at the moment so I can't verify exact menu settings but from memory..

Try logging out of your Watch TCM account.  On the menu down the left side of the screen select Settings.  Somewhere in there should be an option to sign out.  After signing out, sign back in, logging in with your current cable account credentials.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
KeithB2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That did it, thanks very much.  I thought I tried that before, but I just removed the channel and readded it.  Didn't actually Sign Out.  I appreciate the the help!

0 Kudos

Re: No longer able to stream TCM

Jump to solution

Re: No longer able to stream TCM Channel, but plays on my iPad in the same room.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No longer able to stream TCM

Jump to solution

@12151

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Baltus

Jump to solution

My father-in-law is having the same problem. As happens once every six weeks or so, he is require to go to the TCM website and enter an activation code that comes up on his TV screen that TCM uses to verify that he is a legitimate user. However, recently, when he attempted to go through the process - which includes signing out of the WatchTCM app and entering the code when he signs back in - this no longer works. Previous searches have revealed that - after signing out of the app - it is sometimes necessary to remove the app from Roku, then do a Roku system restart, and then reinstall the WatchTCM app before finally signing back into the app once again. However, this time, even that does not result in getting the app to work. My father-in-law's cable provider (Mediacom) verifies that his account is in good standing, but the activation steps that have worked in the past for him have not worked for nearly three weeks now. Any suggestions for solving this problem would be welcome. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Baltus

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on the TCM channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel TCM and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos