Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxisadudeidk
Reel Rookie

No adult swim app but it says that it’s offered on Roku

Jump to solution

I can’t find the adult swim [as] app anywhere. I’ve looked all over and there’s just not an adult swim app that I can see but when I look on other reviews and stuff people are talking about an adult swim app on Roku. Also on the adult swim website it says the app is on Roku. Is it like a country/region thing or why can’t I find it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No adult swim app but it says that it’s offered on Roku

Jump to solution

@Maxisadudeidk

Thanks for the post.

As @DBDukes mentioned, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Maxisadudeidk wrote:

I can’t find the adult swim [as] app anywhere. I’ve looked all over and there’s just not an adult swim app that I can see but when I look on other reviews and stuff people are talking about an adult swim app on Roku. Also on the adult swim website it says the app is on Roku. Is it like a country/region thing or why can’t I find it?

There could be a couple of different reasons you can't find it. One would indeed be if you aren't in the U.S. and are in an area where Adult Swim doesn't support its app on Roku.

Another would be if you have an Roku device that isn't supported. Some older devices are no longer supported. Here's a listing of what devices are still supported by Roku and what aren't. 

https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md 

I'm uncertain which devices may not be supported by Adult Swim. It's a safe bet that the Legacy devices aren't supported. 

All of the Current devices would be supported.

Most, if not all, of the Updatable devices would be supported. Some of the older devices might not be.

If all of your Roku devices are unsupported, you won't see the app in the channel store at all. If you have one or more supported devices, you'll see it on the Channel Store on your computer, however it won't install on the unsupported devices, and you won't see it when searching from the unsupported device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Maxisadudeidk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi thanks. If it’s the U.S. thing tho that makes sense cause I live in Canada. But if it’s the other reason I’m not sure because I recently bought a Roku express and I’ve seen other questions and reviews talking about that app on there same device.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Maxisadudeidk

Thanks for the post.

As @DBDukes mentioned, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Gotta download globaltv app and then it will have it in the adult swim section.

0 Kudos