Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandra9

No Apple TV or Peackock TV

I have Roku on a Vizio TV. I can't find Apple TV or Peacock TV on the TV app channel store. I have them both on my computer and on my iPhone but would like to watch the channels on TV with a bigger screen. 

I tried connecting to my TV, like I do with YouTube from the laptop and phone and it won't work. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: No Apple TV or Peackock TV

Hello @Sandra9

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Sandra9-

What Roku model and model number do you have?  Settings/System/About will show you

Are you located somewhere other than the USA?

[Edited to add...]

Amazon Prime

I can find no listing on Amazon re which Roku models Amazon has written their Prime Video Roku channel app to run on.   However, Amazon announced in emails to Roku owners that, effective November 1, 2021, their Prime Video would no longer support the following older Roku model numbers:

• Roku 2 HD/XD/XS models 2050X, 2500X, 2720X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X
  • Roku LT models 2400X, 2450X, 2700X
  • Roku SE model 2710X
  • Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X, 3420X, 3500X

(The Xs or other letters at the end of the model number are distribution codes and are irrelevant for this issue.)

Peacock

Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later)
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

Current as of March 11, 2023. Check the source listed below for updates.
(I think it's safe to assume that more recent models not yet listed by Peacock are supported)

Source: https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock

Peacock is currently available to stream within the United States and certain U.S. territories (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Marian Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
Source: https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/where-is-peacock-available, March 11, 2023

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

By Roku on Vizio TV, is it a Roku TV, or a Roku connected to a TV? As noted, many older Roku devices, and maybe some early Roku TV's, are not supported by newer services. I have a Roku 4 on one TV, and AppleTV+ is not supported.

0 Kudos