Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbirkey
Channel Surfer

Re: Newsmax Plus Appears to Be On Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have also paid for a yearly subscription to Newsmax Plus and cannot access it on Roku. I also cannot contact their customer service and they do not respond to emails, posts, etc. A very bad customer experience.

Sunkist1946
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still is not on Roku and I paid for it 

11/02/23

Toniep

Jump to solution

I just purchased a new Roku TV.  It is going back to the store today!!!!

KenLC

Jump to solution

So, far I have found NO NEW NEWSMAX PLUS app to download and log into to make my subscription available.

Unless there is some way to log into the Newsmax app that they have on Roku, someone would need to explain to me how.

This isn't working right now. I am about ready to just cancel.

mml373
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think Newsmax Plus is actually on the paid Roku Channel's lineup, which makes me wonder why Roku staff can't answer the question about how to access Newsmax Plus.  They ought to be able to answer that question.

At any rate, had to cancel the Newsmax Plus subscription today.  They keep interrupting shows with ads while hosts are talking (i.e., during content) and instead of ads are playing strange, repetitive bumper music and old speeches from former presidents, car maintenance tips, and other stuff that's a bunch of disjointed, unrelated content...  It makes the viewer experience very unpleasant.  Wrote Newsmax and hope they'll fix their new channel/situation and app situation quickly.

Jump to solution

Paid on my phone yesterday.  Can’t find it on Roku on my tv.  Can someone walk me thru where to find Newsmax PLUS like I’m 5 yrs old?  

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AngelandDeeA @mml373 There is no such thing as a subscription to the Roku channel.  There is no fee for the Roku channel.  You can purchase subscriptions through Roku that can be used in the Roku channel, but there is NO fee for the Roku channel itself which includes many free channels.

Toniep

Jump to solution

It seems to be very difficult to find a way to see it on the TV.  I am streaming it on my IPad tablet right now and am not having any problems.  I have a LG TV also and as of today haven’t been able to get it loaded.

rbirkey
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I only get Newsmax2 when I use Roku Live. I should be getting their live news stream with Newsmax Plus.

rbirkey
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You were not actually seeing Newsmax Plus. You were seeing their free Newsmax2.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.