Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanesharon
Channel Surfer

NewsMax2 - Will you add a news channel for it?

Will Roku start streaming NewsMax2 as a new channel at some point?  I have to go to other services to watch it now and would love it if ROKU added the channel.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NewsMax2 - Will you add a news channel for it?

@lanesharon 

If you search for Newsmax on your Roku device, you should see "NewsmaxTV Live" in the Results.  This is the Newsmax2 (N2) channel on the Roku Channel LiveTV.

Essentially, any channel/app (service) that provided Newsmax free prior to the Newsmax+ paywall switch will be streaming Newsmax2 in its place for free.  (Newsmax has been available on the Roku Channel LiveTV for quite a while now/years).  Used to be channel 190 prior to Roku getting rid of the numbers in their guide recently.

You can also install the standalone Newsmax channel/app on your device and under "TV Live" from within the app's left side menu, you can select to watch either Newsmax+ or Newsmax2.  Unfortunately, the Newsmax standalone channel/app has always seemed to have issues in the past. (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/bc8d04cca9d01bd7a95ab2e1f9b5278d/newsmax#!)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

lanesharon
Channel Surfer

I was asking about the old NewsMax, now called N2.  Tried that, through the channel store, got this:  Screenshot (1912).png

0 Kudos
lanesharon
Channel Surfer

I am watching N2 (NewsMax2) through Rumble. It was a little glitchy at first on the streaming, but is better now, most days.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@lanesharon 

Yes.  That's the correct channel/app. (the screenshot you provided).

When you open it, press the Left Arrow button and a menu will appear on the left.  Select "TV Live"  You should see "Watch Newsmax+" and below that is "Watch Newsmax2".  Use the Down arrow to select Watch Newsmax2 and then press OK.

There is no seperate/dedicated Newsmax2 channel/app. Merely a combined one.  You will not be charged or have to pay anything if you use this standalone channel/app to watch Newsmax2.

Edited to add... You can watch Newsmax2 on any the free channels/apps that carried the old free stream of Newsmax like Roku Channel, Pluto, Plex, Rumble, etc. (The free stream of Newsmax2 will automatically play even though some of the guides in these free channels/apps are still indicating the new Newsmax+ content).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos