Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abbymom

News channels changed from CT to RI after installing new modem

I recently got a new modem from Cox and ever since then my channels come from Rhode Island stations and times rather than Hartford stations, Everything is 1/2 hour later.  How do I restore my local channels?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: News channels changed from CT to RI after installing new modem

So you live in CT? Exactly which channels are you speaking of? Roku live tv channels? Or are you using a live TV streaming service such as DirecTV Stream? What is your Roku model number? Can you please provide more information 

0 Kudos
Abbymom

Re: channels changed from CT to RI after installing new modem

Model 3810X

I access my channels through Youtube TV.  Prior to installing the new modem, my TV stations were based in Hartford, CT.  Now I am getting Rhode Island stations, and the shows are 1/2 hour later,  For example, Jeopardy used to be on ABC out of Hartford at 7:00.. Now I get it from a station in Providence RI at 7:30,

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Abbymom 

Isn't that a setting on your YouTube TV account page? The app should follow that setting, I believe. Check the settings there.

yttv-location.png

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Abbymom  This has nothing to do with Roku. You need to setup a new home location inside the YouTube TV channel. Open up YouTube TV on your Roku. Scroll over to the right and select your account on the far right. Scroll down to location. What does it say? It should say Hartford/New Haven area. Also be sure Cox have you a local IP Address

https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129768?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

0 Kudos