Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trayci6768

New tennis channel plus format

Jump to solution

I USED to love this app. the new format is terrible. upcoming matches are directly above replays which are then unnecessary to watch because the outcome is obvious in the upcoming. The replay times you could hide are back making it obvious who wins based on time remaining. There is no more open guide function while watching live matches to browse other live matches while being able to hear the one you're watching. Put replays and live and upcoming in separate areas so we can catch up on missed matches without the spoilers. I will not renew with it this way. As a matter of fact this is NOT what I paid for and should be able to cancel with a prorated refund. Did anyone test this on long-term loyal subscribers? I can't imagine they liked this especially for the money spent. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New tennis channel plus format

Jump to solution

@Trayci6768 

Just keep in mind that that the Tennis Channel Plus channel/app was developed by the Tennis Channel for use on Roku devices.  Roku did not develop the channel/app.

For any changes/suggestions to the channel/app to actually occur, a user would need to contact the develop of the channel/app, which in this case is the Tennis Channel.

From their website, https://www.tennischannel.com/en-us/page/pluslive, looks like there are a few options to contact their customer service. https://tennischannel.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/153000157171-how-do-i-contact-custome...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Trayci6768 

Just keep in mind that that the Tennis Channel Plus channel/app was developed by the Tennis Channel for use on Roku devices.  Roku did not develop the channel/app.

For any changes/suggestions to the channel/app to actually occur, a user would need to contact the develop of the channel/app, which in this case is the Tennis Channel.

From their website, https://www.tennischannel.com/en-us/page/pluslive, looks like there are a few options to contact their customer service. https://tennischannel.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/153000157171-how-do-i-contact-custome...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Teemc13

Jump to solution

I hate the new format! Spoilers for anyone who want to watch a match after the fact. The new format has the upcoming match so you already know who won. Way to go TC PLUS. The main reason I have a subscription is for the replays

Cjaz

Jump to solution

I agree the format of the old tennis channel plus was wonderful.  The main thing we didn't get the TennisTV channel was the we didn't like the format and now Tennischannelplus is using a similar format.  Why would you take a prefect format and change to this.  We are stuck with it for a year, but have already told them to cancel.

0 Kudos
JCGoodwin
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

While watching replays, you couldn't hide the match's progress bar in the old app either. You could hide the time, but that was pointless, because the progress bar would still indicate who the winner would be.

Anyway, we're probably stuck with the redesign, but I've reached out to their customer-service team to request changes. The old app was superior, but it's worth noting that the new one is better on Roku than it is on Fire TV.

0 Kudos
JCGoodwin
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm told that we can also reach out via website@tennischannel.com. I tried sending feedback.

0 Kudos
sswen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Don't like the new format and now the Roku Tennis Channel app won't load.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.