Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmaroto
Channel Surfer

Re: New Max (HBOMax) not available in Brazil on ROKU

I have the same situation in Costa Rica.  I already deleted the channel, reset the Roku, reinstalled the hbo max channel (sometimes shows Hbomax purple background other times just Max blue background :()

When I click on the channel dots appear loading, but the the Something went wrong, we're having trouble communicating with the service.

Phone and tablet works alright with my account only rokus got messed up after the migration.

skipsherv1
Channel Surfer

True, but I have learned VPN's don't always work.  I tried watching Paramonut+ using a VPN, but it still figured out that I wasn't in U.S.

0 Kudos

same problem here!

madzero1
Reel Rookie

Any solution? I asked HBO max for a partial refund, but they refuse to give me the money back.

Jmaroto
Channel Surfer

I just a few minutes ago changed time from automatic to manual and selected my country, restarted and now is working.  Hope is final.

skipsherv1
Channel Surfer

No solution yet.😪  We watch Max on our smart tv only for now.

0 Kudos
skipsherv1
Channel Surfer

24 hours later, it suddenly started working!  All good so far.

0 Kudos

I deleted my roku account and created another one and everything magically started working again when I logged in

0 Kudos
tomsey
Channel Surfer

My friend who lives in Minas Gerais Brazil is having the same problem.

His Brazilian version of HBO Max was working fine on his Brazilian Roku (the model sold in Brazil) unitl the day that HBO Max switched their branding and Channel app to the new Max.

Now, he can no longer get the HBO max channel on the Roku, only the Max channel. 

And when he clicks on the Max channel it states that it is not available in his region (which is Brazil of course).

I assumed this means that Max is not available in Brazil yet but apparently it is because people can use it from what i've read here.

Meanwhile like I mentioned, you can no longer get HBO max on the roku.

However, on his laptop, he can still get HBO max and watch it there. So at least on his end it seems it is now not possible to view HBO at all in Brazil on his Roku since HBO max is not available and Max doesn't work.

Tried updating the roku, restarting it, removed and reintstalled the Max channel and also set the time manually to Sao Paulo which is how it automatically sets and it makes no difference. 

What's odd is, HBO max and all channels were/are working fine on the Roku, it was only when HBO max switched the Max that the problem started.

Any other solutions avaialbe? the person is disabled and it is not easy for him to reset everything which doesn't seem certain to work anyway.

Does Roku know if Max is available in Brazil? If it isn't, is there a way to still watch HBo Max like on the computer?  Thanks.

skipsherv1
Channel Surfer

Hi Tomsey,

Everything is working fine for me now.  The new Max channel is available here in Santa Catarina.  After I reset my ROKU and set up a Brazilian account it took 24 hours to show up correctly on my box.  I hope this helps!