Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1T9T9Z1
Channel Surfer

Re: Netflix freezes on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Love hearing this! Sounds like this has helped a few people with their issues. Remember, if you ever reset your TV to factory default, you will need to go back and turn these two settings back again! Enjoy. 🙂 ~Jeff

UltraPerson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'll keep that in mind. 🙂

Thanks again for your excellent help!!

1T9T9Z1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You're welcome. So glad that I was able to help. ~Jeff

Billeh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Turning off SIMPLINK on my LG TV worked for me too!  Netflix plays everything without the need to hit Play/Pause a bunch of times!  Youtube started acting weird as well.  It would open, and 5 seconds later, the screen would go black, press a button, and it comes back to life.  Turning off that setting fixed both things.  Nice work Jeff!

1T9T9Z1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Billeh Great to hear that the issue I had with my Panasonic Plasma TV also helped you with your LG TV. I wonder how many other TV brands were affected with this? Seems these HDMI settings affect Netflix, You Tube and Tubi. I am sure these TV brand and channel lists will grow as other members post. I feel the more we say here, the more people with these issues will find our conversations and fix their problems. ~Jeff

0 Kudos
mechell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was having same problem. so I cancelled Netflix. Not paying for something I cant watch!🙁

1T9T9Z1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@mechelltry signing up again, and give it a try with these settings changed! It may work - but If it does not work, you can just cancel again and I don't believe they will charge you for the whole month. Or possibly sign up with a free week like some other platforms offer? Or maybe borrow a friend's or family's account for a test-run. You won't know until you try. ~Jeff

aa2019
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had this issue for about a year.  I tried everything suggested but could not fix it.  I'm guessing Roku recently did some kind of update because I can finally play Netflix without it freezing.  I'd suggest to anyone experiencing this issue to update their device to the latest software.

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @aa2019

Welcome to the Roku Community 
Roku OS 12 has been announced and is rolling out to all supported Roku devices and Roku TVs over the upcoming weeks. Not all devices have received the latest update. You can check by going to Home> Settings> System> Software update> Check now

Your device will update automatically once the new version is available. 

Read the Roku OS 12 release notes here. (Roku OS software release notes

Best Regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.