Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosary266
Reel Rookie

Netflix and YouTube won’t download

My brand new roku when turning in has this white box in the left hand bottom corner since the day I got it. I got it two months ago. I have to hit the home button to get to the Home Screen. I bought it new from Walmart and I can’t download next Felix or YouTube. Is there a way I can get it replaced with a warranty? I have tried everything I possibly can and Walmart won’t return it because I got this tv after returning the other one I didn’t want after having it for two weeks. Does roku have a warranty???

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix and YouTube won’t download

Hi @Rosary266

Thanks for the post.

You've mentioned that there's a white box on your screen when turning on your Roku. Could you send us a photo of it? Also, do you receive an error message when adding Netflix or YouTube? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Rosary266  If it’s brand new then return it to Walmart. Do you have a Roku TV it a Roku device?

0 Kudos
Rosary266
Reel Rookie

I receive a message saying there isn’t enough space. But I have deleted every other app on there and tried adding Netflix and YouTube but it didn’t work. I can other other channels but those two just won’t download. I have them to where they show up but it just clicks in shows Netflix in a small box on the screen and then goes back to the home page. The photo won’t add on here for some reason. Is there another way I can send it?

0 Kudos
Rosary266
Reel Rookie

I got it front Walmart but they wouldn’t return it or trade it. I didn’t have the receipt but I had the box and everything and it a roku tv. TLC.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Rosary266, try a factory reset from Settings->System->Advanced system settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I have the same white box u til you go back to home. I finally got Netflix to load but YoyTube TV will not load.  Finally got the icon. When you touch the icon it says loading and then goes back to home page. You are not alone 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Firefighterwife

I hope you're doing well.

For clarification, are you still getting the white box on your TV screen or you are now only having problems with your Youtube TV channel where it won't load? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,

Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos