Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLofCO

Netflix Error tvq-pb-101 (1.9.0)

I've gotten an error code Netflix Error tvq-pb-101 (1.9.0) while trying to watch Netflix from my Roku player.  I am able to stream shows from other channels on this Roku, just not Netflix.  I should note that I can stream Netflix on any other device in the home so the issue is isolated to the Roku player (and not Netflix).

I've gone through Netflix's recommendations multiple times found here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/59985.  But to no avail.  

I'm streaming with the Roku Express that is about 18 months +/- old.

The Roku is measuring speeds up to 55Mpbs and are limited by the Roku's own wireless capabilities.  Speed hasn't been an issue before.  Other devices, which aren't many, clock in the 300s and further away from the router.

I appreciate anyone's time to help me solve this.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Netflix Error tvq-pb-101 (1.9.0)

Yep same issue, just started

0 Kudos
anonemoose14
Reel Rookie

all 4 of ours

0 Kudos
anonemoose14
Reel Rookie

guest miode works, might be a profile issue

0 Kudos
LowBandWidth
Reel Rookie

I'm working on this too.  Netflix out, then spotty last night.

I have three Roku boxes plus one Roku TV, all active.  My modem/router is showing all those lines busy, unless the Roku devices are unpowered (=unplugged from 120V).  Have hard-rebooted devices, including the modem/router.

I'm _guessing_ it is a denial of service attack/hack of Roku or Netflix.  You too please post here if you learn of the cause and how to fix.

So far this morning I've changed my Netflix password, and, via NF's site, logged out all devices.  Still no change on my modem/router's activity LEDs.

0 Kudos
LowBandWidth
Reel Rookie

Good news, I think.  Reset Roku PW and logged out/in of all devices.  Then checked my ISP's bandwidth meter -- no high usage.  So hopefully was just an internal NF problem.

However, if was (also?) a Roku problem they may have pushed out an update overnight.  I checked each device for updates just now, and none were available.  Said it auto-checks for updates daily (too).  So, again, I'm now guessing NF handled the problem, but I don't have time to check its use (other than logging on) until later today or tomorrow.

0 Kudos