Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Longtimeuser1
Reel Rookie

Need to uninstall a subscription app

I am in a similar situation. Roku believes I have a subsciption to Paramount Plus but I don't. If I go to the app, it wants me to subscribe. But if I go to the Roku website, it says I am already subscribed. But I can't delete the app because it thinks I am subscribed. The app will sit there useless on my app list until February, when the supposed subscription ends. So once my current Roku device dies, I will never buy another Roku again, and I have been using Rokus for about a decade. Good job Roku!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need to uninstall a subscription app

Hi, @Longtimeuser1.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to share further information about this. 

If you are billed via Roku for your Paramount Plus subscription, we suggest accessing it inside The Roku Channel to see if it makes any difference. It may be possible that you purchased this subscription while you were inside The Roku Channel; thus, it is only accessible within. 

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Need to uninstall a subscription app

@Longtimeuser1 Since you know when the subscription ends you clearly have a subscription through Roku.  Since the subscription is through Roku you can not use the Paramount Plus app to view it but must go through the Roku channel.  Another good reason among several to always subscribe directly from the provider and not from Apple, Amazon, Roku, etc..........

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.