Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JF23
Reel Rookie

Re: NHL channel not configured

Hello!

The new black NHL app doesn't appear at my end. Only the old white NHL app in Roku.

Shouldn't be the problem on Roku's side?

I'm just wondering since after all the suggestions provided, it still doesn't work. It looks like the white NHL app is now offline and discontinued. Shouldn't the new app be uploaded everywhere?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@JF23, what's the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About and where are you located?  Some Roku devices are no longer receiving updates and the NHL hasn't made the "black" app available in all regions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MattArgo

Thank you for letting us know about this and for your work in contacting the NHL and finding out that the app does not in fact work yet. Saves me much gnashing of knuckles and grinding of teeth 🙂 I'll check in in a week or so to see if it has been corrected and updated.

0 Kudos
Hogwood
Channel Surfer

My understanding now is that the NHL discontinued the app. The way to get the equivalent is to subscribe to ESPN+ which carries NHL games now.

0 Kudos
JF23
Reel Rookie

@renojim TCL model 55S533-CA. I live in Toronto Ontario.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@JF23, it looks like the second thing I mentioned applies to you.  The NHL hasn't made the "black" app available in Canada.  They're the only ones that can fix that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
JF23
Reel Rookie

Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it. This is just hurting my brain that in Canada of all places, that  the NHL app is not available for Roku. It is very disappointing, anyway, thanks again!

0 Kudos
GRM16
Reel Rookie

Jandee,

You would think that since I use a Roku device and Roku is providing access to he NHL channel it would be Roku reaching out to the provider of the app saying your customers are complaining about the channel. Roku in this case would have more clout than an end user complaining. 

robb41

With the new black app, am I overlooking something very obvious, or is there no scoreboard?

The schedule shows me what games are happening, and what channels they can be found on.  But nowhere do I see where to actually see active scores.  I went through all the settings, and there is no mention of it, or turning spoilers on/off.

0 Kudos
Bigwardo56

How do I get the NHL app to work on my roku?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.